I’ve set up Aurora Rose’s room on top of a dresser in my dining room, and that makes it easier to start seeing how things look all together. I’ve finished up a few items of clothing for her, finally–enough to start filling her hangers, and get her some lounging wear and underwear. Now for some outfits! I think she’s going to need a laundry basket soon, and that would make a good quick and easy project for the site, so I’ll do that soon.
I’ve been working on a set of furniture for Aurora Rose for several years, but large scale life keeps intruding. In my effort to finish up projects that have been hanging around the workbench, I’ve finished her trunk and some toiletries.
She has a bed, an armoire, and her table just needs a final sanding and some paint. I’ve even gotten some clothes cut out and started for her, and am half way done with some potted plants, and of course, several more books.They are done with liquid polymer clay transfers over white and gold polymer.
I’m aiming at being able to set it all up and see it together for the first time by the end of the year. Let’s see if I make my goal!
The month of May has been a very busy one! In addition to building websites for clients and starting to fill in some pages here on this site, I’m finishing up the 11 part video and 25 pg .pdf tutorials on how I make ball joint dolls like Lulabelle, Roberta Lee and Aurora Rose.
These are available exclusively through the Polymer Clay Adventure.I’ve got videos to shoot for more dolls, and doll accessories, including mermaids, faeries, and a some women of the Wild West (she’s a larger doll like Aurora Rose and up next).I just HAPPEN to have a complete wardrobe of patterns for her that I drafted for cloth dolls way back when, that will be very easy to adapt.
Pattern drafting for dolls is the subject of a future tutorial as well. I am very grateful for the hours my mother and grandmother spent teaching me to sew, crochet and embroder, and for the years in college learning costume design and construction, wig making and millinery arts, makeup and more.
So far the dolls have been between 6 and 13 inches. I’m enjoying making them very much, and look forward to creating little wardrobes and environments for them; rooms and dressing room/cases….with lots of accessories!